It is so lovely to have nearly all of the children back this week; as of yesterday we have 93% of all students attending school. The children have settled back into routine beautifully, with teachers drawing together the threads of their teaching and learning programs. All are fully engaged in their learning, and are loving being back with their friends.
Staff did a sensational job adapting to the changes that were made regularly over the past 2 months. I thank them all for their enormous efforts, and willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ to support the children, and each other.
- Gardeners and cleaners are continuing to work extremely hard, cleaning high touch surface areas and playground equipment.
- Education assistants supported our students with special needs while assisting teachers with the development of work packages for individual students.
- Office staff made themselves available over the holidays to keep the communications open between the school and parents.
- Teachers were very open to learning new ways to connect with their students. It was lovely to see them working in teams creating support materials, and in some cases, videos that would support both parents and students in the online world.
- The Deputies were working long hours over the holidays, developing models for staff as well as endless timetables to respond to changing staff and student numbers.
None of us could have achieved what we did without your support. We thank you for your words of kindness and gratitude, and for your encouragement, ideas and good humour. Together we have made it through the first couple of stages of COVID19 and I am confident that together we can tackle whatever is thrown at us in the coming months. Thank you.