Key messages for start of 2021
Please see below document regarding current Covid-19 regulations for Western Australia Public Schools.
All information will be updated and shared to parents when available.
As Phase 5 has been pushed back due to the COVID-19 outbreaks in Victoria and NSW and we have reduced space on site due to the new build, we will continue with our practices from the end of last term. These include:
- In an endeavour to maintain the Government Guidelines on physical distancing and the positive adjustments your children have made when commencing school each day, we ask you to drop your Year 1-6 children off at the school gates in the morning.
- In the afternoon, it is preferred that you wait outside the school grounds. If you must enter the school grounds to pick up your children, we ask you to wait away from the classroom doors and physically distance yourself from other parents. The basketball court is a great space in which to wait. We also ask that you leave the school grounds promptly. If the number of parents goes over 100 at any one time, then we will need to review this process.
- Pick-up and drop-off for Kindergarten and Pre-primary will remain the same.
- Parents and carers are requested to only enter classes by invitation or at the request of the teacher for pre-arranged meetings. Unless urgent, emailing your child’s teacher is still the preferred method of communication. If it is urgent to speak to your child’s teacher, then please make arrangements through the front office.
Health and Hygiene
- Unwell staff and students should remain at home;
- Children must continue to bring a water bottle from home so they do not drink directly from the
- We will continue to avoid direct social contact such as shaking hands and giving ‘hi-fives’;
- Cleaners will continue to be employed to work throughout the day at both Planet and Cargill Streets to ensure all high-use areas;
- Our playgrounds and play equipment at both Planet and Cargill Streets will be cleaned once a day;
- We will continue to implement additional hygiene measures by encouraging handwashing
throughout the day especially at the end of breaks. Soap supplies in the student toilets are checked, and where necessary, replenished on a regular basis during the day;
- Hand sanitiser is available in every classroom. Children will be asked to sanitise their hands as they enter the classroom, and before and after using equipment such as laptops and iPads; and
- We will continue to clean and disinfect frequently used objects such as computers, photocopiers and sports equipment with detergent solution or detergent/disinfectant wipes.